Wednesday, October 10, 2012

....Most bloggers

When I started this blog, some years ago, I didn't really know what direction I wanted to take it in,
my cousin Ashley had started a blog and I  loved the idea of journal writing,and sharing happy moments of my existence has they happen.

Over the years, I have experimented with different things, different directions that I wanted to take this blog in, fashion, make-up,family ect.

But the fact is, as a busy mom,  I Just don't have the mental energy to devote to any one topic.
Heck, most of my thoughts are scattered anyhow, I can have an attention span of a fruit fly!

Sometimes I get down on myself, I see all these other blogs, all buttoned up and beautiful with gorgeous photos and perfectly posed bloggers.

Some of them are so stylish and trendy , frankly I wonder how some can even manage to breathe!

I love reading these blogs though, I consider them the "glossy magazines" of the blogging world.

But I don't have a fancy camera, I have an iPhone, an older one, that I usually have to clean some sort of unidentifiable kid smudge off of.

I don't have the latest and greatest clothes, I do alot of my shopping at Target.

I am crafty but don't have as much time as I would like to craft.

Then I read blogs like Kandeej.com and realize that it's ok that I don't have the latest and greatest things, that i cannot portray this wonderful domestic life that I have, as super uber trendy bowl of cherries, complete with perfect outfits and stellar craft ideas.

I don't set out to make money off of this blog, I 'm just a girl who enjoys writing, fashion, makeup ,art music, food and doting on my awesome family.

I may write about these from time to time, I may one day develop weekly themed posts, but the fact is, there is so much more to me than that. I want  people to read my blog and feel good , I want to be
that little source of inspiration. I want people to know that it's ok to have a little blog about family and the things that you love, in case you don't know, this blog name is (joy of life)

And these are the little joys in my life, that I would like to share with you.I hope you enjoy :)

Also please do check out the blogs in my "good reads". They are all terrific pages "some glossy some not" by terrific women, some who work very hard at it, all the blogs I put on that list, are ones that I find a daily source of inspiration.

BTW
My name is Heather
It's nice to meet you!
Welcome to my life!
xoxo

No comments: