Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I think Monday was one of the worst nights I have ever had.
The power went on and off about 12 times, before finally cutting off at 3am completely,
Me my husband and my little guy were all cuddling unders tons of blankets in
 our bed trying to keep warm.
 
Hurricanes have never mattered much to me, I live in Cleveland, Ohio and I always thought we were safely nestled away from being too effected by storms like these.
But this storm was huge, and nasty and relentless.
 
I awoke at 3am and couldn't fall back to sleep with the howl of the wind, I stayed awake watching the
flashes from blown transformers as they exploded one by one.
I kept thinking "wow if it's this bad here, I can't imagine how bad it is on the east coast"
My heart just went out to those poor people.
 
We woke up to a cold, dark house, the little guy didn't really handle it well,
Neighbors tree down

apartment near us

We hopped in the car and decided to see if ANYONE had light, at least we would be warm.
We found that the city right near us did have sparse electricity in areas, and a Bob Evans was open.
(YAY WARM FOOD AND COFFEE)
 
We warmed up in there for about an hour and a half. Then headed back home,
we saw alot downed trees and flooding rivers on the way home, see roaring rushing waters like that just make you realize how powerful mother nature can get.
 
Eventually our lights returned as well as the heat, I obviously did not go to work because we had a downed tree in the yard, and I really didn't want to risk driving in the bad weather anyways.
Once the power went on, the little guy and I made cupcakes and spent the rest of the day laying around with my hubby :)
So ready to get back to normal.
Hope you are all safe
xoxoxox
Heather
 
 
 


No comments: