Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Style Craft- Crackle bauble necklace

Let me start off by saying this was not solely my idea, I took a very original concept from Elsie and Emma over at ABeautifulmess.com and tweaked it to make it my own.

I love gaudy jewelry, bright colored almost ridiculous pieces, have always caught my eye.
And I love to dress us a plain Jane outfit with a POP of color, 
this necklace is super easy to make and can be done SO many different ways.

You will need.....
Acrylic Paint in two different colors (I picked turquoise and black)
Ribbon or any kind of string that you would like to use for the actual "necklace"
Wooden balls ( you can get them at the craft store in different sizes)
Bamboo skewers ( kind you use for cooking)
Slide a ball onto the skewer..
Paint the balls in the color that you like,
The trick is not to use too much paint or it will form drip marks.

Let dry, I took a pack of cards and set it on top of the skewer
 to allow the stick to hang off of the side of the table.

Next....the magic ingredient!!

Wait for it......

Crackle nail polish!
Because I sell AVON, I used the Avon Mosaic Effects Polish I already had on hand
but any brand will do!


Paint the entire ball in a thick layer of the crackle nail polish...
I added two more beads that I put a free hand design on as well,
but you could also feel free to leave those solid.
Once they are dry, thread them up onto either a ribbon
 or leather string or twine,
whatever your heart desires!


The finished product!
Once I made this I realized that I didn't care for the ribbon as a necklace
( sometimes you will have that),
so I will definitely be changing it to probably a black leather string instead.
 But that is the beauty of this, you could change it up a millon times to suit your mood!
You could also paint the balls white and do a cobalt blue crackle over it,
(I love blue and white together)
or even color block it!
Above all have a good time with it, and get creative!
xoxoxo
Heather

No comments: