Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tutorial-How to make baby leg warmers out of an old sweater

This project is so easy it’s almost sick.

For quite sometime I have wanted to make baby leg warmers for Hudson, because even though he has super delicious chubby legs, they do get a bit chilly in our drafty house. Baby leg warmers are nothing new, but the original “Baby legs” are too expensive, and since kids tend to grow out of them so quickly, I rummaged around my house for old sweaters so that I could make my own. I found a red sweater and a fluffy royal blue sweater with holes in it.

Here is what you will need to make your baby leg warmers:
1. One or two old sweaters
2. Sewing machine (unless you are good enough to hand sew them)

Cut somewhere on the sweater were there is a finished edge, like the bottom part of a sleeve. Cut open the arm so that it is one flat piece.

Fold up the bottom piece were you cut and sew across it with a zigzag stitch to make a more finished edge.

Fold inside out and sew with a zig zag stitch(this allows for more stretch) straight up the side.
About an inch to quarter of an inch in depending on how chunky you little monkey legs are.

You should now have a tube with two open sides, you also now have one baby leg warmer!
Repeat these steps again and you will have two!

Here is what they will look like!

You can also make these out of Cotton knee socks, which I think is a real cool idea, Target has lots of them with really cute designs, next time I am there I am going to grab some and make some more. As you can see, the lil man really seems to enjoy them!

I also made these cozy wrist warmers for work ( our building gets REALLY cold in the winter)

Happy crafting!

No comments: