Thursday, April 9, 2009

25 weeks, (Milk Maid )

So here I am 25 weeks, already 6 months! 1 week away from the third trimester! (So my doctor tells me)

Weighing in at 183 pounds ( yeah now you know.... so there)

Milk Maid:
A few weeks ago I began leaking, like my boobs are leaking, actual fluid, when I told my doctor she took a look and told me that I had "Super charged boobs" and that my boobs know how to do their job so well, that they are just deciding to get ready now, which is a good thing and hopefully I will have no problems breast feeding. (Yes I said breast feeding) I know I wasn't going to originally but since I am on Zoloft now, I sort of have to, so in tune with my personality, I am an all or nothing girl, I figure if I have to for at least week or two, then I might as well just go full monty with it and give it a try. I am almost looking forward to it, it's a process.

Fearing the "Glucola"

At my recent appt. my doctor told me that at my next appointment they will be doing my glucose test, which amuses me, because I am hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) I really should have no problem with the test, BUT because I am hypoglycemic, they consider me a pass out risk, and want me to lay down while I take it. I have to drink 50g of Glucose in a syrupy sugar packed orange drink then lie down, in an hour they will check my blood sugar to see how my body metabolizes it. I am telling you right now I am going to crash, and I hate passing out, but I am trying to convince my self that it is for the best. I am allowed to eat before hand, but no simple carbs fruit or juice. Just protein and complex carbs. So that's good, at least it wont be on an empty stomach. However if I fail the test.....i have to come back for a three hour test on an empty stomach ...uuugggghhhh. God I hope I pass!!!!! ....I know I am being a baby.....
On the bright side, I get to do my preregistration that same morning (before the test obviously) so that when I go into labor they are all ready for me! So I am excited about that!

Edjumacation:
Bill and I decided to sign up for a child birth class that runs from 9am till4 on april 25th, I mainly wanted Bill to go so that he wouldn't be freaked out when he saw a bunch of needles and things being strapped onto me, and we get to take a tour of the birthing facility, so I am really looking forward to that :)
I cannot believe 6 months is here already!!! I mean WHOA!!!!!

Tomorrow my mother and I are going shopping for my gift registry!! YAY!! I am super excited. So I'm am off to go take a bath , put my swollen feet up, and get some rest!





6 comments:

Mrs Munster said...

You and your cute big belly! I've got the glucose test at 28 wks as I'm considered fairly high risk of developing pregnancy diabetes due to my cysts. Not looking forward to it all. Have heard it's the most horrible stuff ever to drink.

Mary Elizabeth said...

You are one hot Mama! I love the pic. Thanks for the update. I am glad you are doing well. I'm sorry you have to go through those test, but I just know everything will be just fine. Powerboobs, lol. =)

Thepas said...

Time really flies! 6 months allready! It feels like I just started reading your blog, and you were like 10 weeks along then.

I had my precious son on mars 29th... he is the cutest little thing to ever walk (or... well, not exactly walk) this earth.

Unknown said...

Thepas: thats awesome Congrats on your baby!!! i bet he is a cutie!

Mary: "these boobs are made for milking, and that just what they'll do...." heheh love ya girl :) "

Miss Munster:
I hope you don't get Diabetes, but I wil let you know how the test goes for me, I am NOT looking forward to it at all!!!

MICHELE29 said...

WOW! YOUR BOOBS ARE SPECTACULAR! LOL! I HAVE HUGE BOOBS AND MY MILK DIDNT COME IN UNTIL 4 DAYS AFTER MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN! WAY TO GO HEATHER!! LOL! OHHHH YESSSS GET THE MEDELA BREAST PUMP ITS FREAKING AWSOME!! YOU PUMP IN HALF THE TIME!! ITS A BREAST FEEDING WOMAN'S DREAM COME TRUE!! CHELE~

Miss Rascal said...

You're beautiful!
You glow like a Hannukkah candle. :D